Welcome to the Grant County District Attorney’s Web site. The District Attorney’s Office has three divisions: Criminal Prosecution, Child Support and Victim Assistance.
The Criminal Prosecution Division is responsible for:
- Preparing and filing formal charges against defendants
- Conducting hearings and trials associated with those charges
- Advising local law enforcement agencies during investigations and obtaining evidence for use in criminal matters
The Victim Assistance Program is responsible for:
- Responding on scene, when requested, to domestic violence and sexual assault incidents
- Informing victims of their rights
- Notifying victims of their case status and providing court accompaniment
- Assisting with restitution
- Assisting with restraining orders
- Assisting with Crime Victims’ Compensation applications
- Providing referrals to outside agencies, such as social services and community services
The Child Support Division is responsible for:
- Accepting new cases for child support payment and monitoring existing cases
- Collecting child support payments for non-welfare families in Grant County
- Issuing garnishments and contempt to secure payments of court-ordered support obligations
The District Attorney’s Office is not permitted by law to give citizens general legal advice. You must consult a private attorney for those matters.
The District Attorney’s Office does not investigate criminal cases. - Please report crimes to local law enforcement as the DA does not gather evidence or interview witnesses.
We have tried to make the information on this web site easily available and understandable. If there is any problem in finding out what you want to know, please e-mail at email@example.com or call (541) 575-0146.